- RSS Channel Showcase 7832090
- RSS Channel Showcase 2779401
- RSS Channel Showcase 4576314
- RSS Channel Showcase 3051053
Articles on this Page
- 07/30/15--20:46: _Re: RE:Paul F. Jaff...
- 04/07/10--12:30: _Re: lithuania jaffes
- 04/07/10--14:21: _Re: lithuania jaffes
- 05/03/10--19:01: _Jaffe in Brooklyn f...
- 05/18/10--18:37: _Re: Jaffe, etc.
- 05/18/10--18:40: _Re: Addendum-- Bela...
- 05/19/10--15:06: _Re: Jaffe in Brookl...
- 05/19/10--15:09: _Re: Jaffe in Brookl...
- 05/19/10--15:21: _Re: Jaffe family, L...
- 05/19/10--15:22: _Re: Jaffe family, L...
- 05/19/10--15:37: _Re: Jaffe
- 05/19/10--15:39: _Re: lithuania jaffes
- 05/20/10--05:25: _Re: Jaffe in Brookl...
- 05/30/10--17:25: _Re: Any info on Sel...
- 06/29/10--06:32: _Moses de Vries Jaffe
- 08/26/10--08:35: _Re: Any info on Sel...
- 10/11/10--09:37: _Family of Sam &...
- 10/14/10--11:24: _Re: Any info on Sel...
- 10/14/10--13:59: _Re: Any info on Sel...
- 10/14/10--15:05: _Re: Any info on Sel...
- 07/30/15--20:46: Re: RE:Paul F. Jaffe and Lillian R.Jaffie
- 04/07/10--12:30: Re: lithuania jaffes
- 04/07/10--14:21: Re: lithuania jaffes
- 05/03/10--19:01: Jaffe in Brooklyn from Russia
- 05/18/10--18:37: Re: Jaffe, etc.
- 05/18/10--18:40: Re: Addendum-- Belarus or Ukraine?
- 05/19/10--15:06: Re: Jaffe in Brooklyn from Russia
- 05/19/10--15:09: Re: Jaffe in Brooklyn from Russia
- 05/19/10--15:21: Re: Jaffe family, Lithuania
- 05/19/10--15:22: Re: Jaffe family, Lithuania
- 05/19/10--15:37: Re: Jaffe
- 05/19/10--15:39: Re: lithuania jaffes
- 05/20/10--05:25: Re: Jaffe in Brooklyn from Russia
- 05/30/10--17:25: Re: Any info on Selig Jaffe?
- 06/29/10--06:32: Moses de Vries Jaffe
- 08/26/10--08:35: Re: Any info on Selig Jaffe?
- 10/11/10--09:37: Family of Sam & Yetta (Nettie) Gerber Jaffe
- 10/14/10--11:24: Re: Any info on Selig Jaffe?
- 10/14/10--13:59: Re: Any info on Selig Jaffe?
- 10/14/10--15:05: Re: Any info on Selig Jaffe?
Not sure if you are Rebekah Alexander, or are related to her, but my late father-in-law, Louis Rosenbloom was Lillian Rosenblum Jaffe's first cousin. Are you related to Deborah Jaffe?
i know my father's siblings, but not his parents siblings. his mother's name was rebecca, father's was aaron.
by the way, my name is jody beth also!
wow what a coincidence. Our names are practically the same.
My Great-great grandparents were Aaron and Gittel Jaffe from Shklov/Mogileve/Belorussia/Russia. They had 7 children: Adla (the olest), Joseph (born in 1910 in NY), Chana, Ester, Shale, Lazar (Eliezer), and Meyer. Joseph arrived to the US first around 1906 and brought his family to NY as he worked and earned money. Adla came to Ellis Island with her husband and about 6 children, but were turned away b/c her husband was blind. No one can remember Adla's husband's name. My great-grandmother was Ester Jaffe. She arrive to the US on Nov 7, 1907 at the age of 18. Her brother Joseph paid for her ticket. They resided in Brooklyn. Ester married Harry Schleifer who arrived in 1910 and was sponsored by Ester's brother.
Marjorie, sorry it took so long to get back with you,You can send me an email email@example.com. I really need any info on my lineage and hope that I can get a birth certificate from birth mother or any one for that matter. I need the info as I am engaged to a kohen and cannot be married by a rabbi without proof of my jewish identity.If there are any others out there that can help it would be greatly appreciated. Desendents of Moses Simon Jaffe or his wife Rosa Hirsch or any relations of there 13 children.
Any info you have would be wonderful. I cannot move forward with my marriage without certain proof.
I believe my great great grandfather Moses Jaffe was also from mogilev he married rosa hirsch and they came here to Nebraska and then finally settled in San Francisco around 1908- 1910 or so wonder if there is a connection there. I know Moses was one of thirteen children
My great grandmother was Pauline Jaffe
My great great grandfather was moses simon Jaffe he was one of thirteen children he immigrated to the united states with his wife Rosa Hirsch they had six children in or around 1882, there could be a connection although he came here from Mogilev bessarabia
Please read my post and let me know if you think there is any connection
Great info thanks for sharing,am 95% sure I found my great great grandfathers passenger manifest dated 1882 from Russia
there is a possibility there is a relation here via my great great grandfather Moses
Do you have any idea if the last name of "Jaffe" was a common name from that area? I wonder if there is a relative connection..........
Hi. I'm Hank Jaffe's daughter in law and we were doing some research for fun. He thinks the name of the town is actually Slupza in North Central Poland. Hank's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Good luck!!!
I'm lookin for any and all info on this person who has some sort of relation to one of my ancestors.
The info I have is:
Name: Moses de Vries Jaffe
Born: Year 1620 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Logically he is already deceased, but, there isn't much info other than what I have given above.
I'm your dad's cousin Hank. I have had little sucess in tracking down grandpa Selig. I am leaving for Poland Sunday,
Aug 29th and will try some resesarch in Warsaw. I also intend to visit Slupsk (Slupza ?)
My name is Susan and I am the granddaughter of Sam & Nettie (who died in the 1920's). My father, Herbert, was one of 8 children. Some of Herbert's siblings were George, Louis, Jack, Shirley, Irving, & Leah.
They lived in New York and I've heard that Sam & Nettie were from Lithuania or Russia - depending on who you talked to.
If you have any information on this family tree, I would love to hear about it. I'm brand new to this whole project. Thanks!
Hi, it's been a very long while since I have even looked at this site. Were you able to find out anything about Selig?
I have not been able to find anything more on Selig. I returned from Poland two weeks ago having spent a few days wandering around Slupsk. It is a nice town of about 20,000 souls but is now judenfrei. When Selig left with Leo and Julius in 1903 (and, according to the ship's manifest, a girl named Marion) it was apparently 50% Jewish. Have you done any further research, e.g. the 1910 or 1920 census ?
I will try to access those censuses next week when I can budget in the subscription to ancestry. Until then I am going to do what I can on the non-payment records. My father gave me a copy of Leon's application for a SS card. I am also going to try and look for Ida since she is listed on the application as his mother. Do you have any idea what her maiden name was or anything about her?